Canva, the popular graphic design platform, has recently introduced a new feature called “Magic Write”, which utilizes AI’s power to assist in content writing.
The Magic Write feature is designed to help users quickly generate written content for various purposes, such as blog outlines, social media captions, and content ideas.
With the Magic Write feature, users can easily kickstart their creative process by quickly generating writing based on prompts. This can save time and help users get more done in less time.
Whether users need to brainstorm ideas or write a first draft quickly, Magic Write is an AI-powered assistant that can help make the writing process smoother and more efficient.
Here is the step-by-step process to use Magic Write in the Canva design process:
1. Feel free to experiment with the Magic Write feature on any design. For this tutorial, we have opened a new document in Canva.
2. To access Magic Write, click the circular plus button and select “Magic Write” from the list of actions.
3. A floating pop-up will appear where you can enter your command or prompt for the AI to start writing.
4. In the screenshot below, we asked the Magic Writer to generate five simple ways to promote a small business on Instagram.
5. Within seconds, Magic Write produced relevant and useful ideas, highlighted in a light green to differentiate them from the original prompt.
6. As the next step in testing the Magic Write tool, we asked it to explain one of the ideas generated in the previous step.
7. Magic Write produced a paragraph that explains one of the points it mentioned, which was error-free and added value for the reader.
8. You can access the Magic Write tool on any design type. In the screenshot below, we have opened a social media graphic design page where a small circular icon called “Canva Assistant” is visible at the bottom right of the screen.
9. To use the “Magic Write” feature on your design, click on the Canva assistant icon (or press the / key on your keyboard) and select “Magic Write” from the list.
10. A floating Magic Write pop-up will appear on your design canvas.
11. In this example, we provided a prompt to generate taglines for a Canva templates store.
12. Magic Write generated eight highly relevant and impressive taglines based on the prompt within a fraction of a second. All of the taglines were 100% relevant to the input we provided.
This shows that the Magic Write tool generates ideas, captions, taglines, and error-free paragraph content.
It is a valuable tool for those who need to write content for their graphic designs but don’t have the time or resources to do so manually.
With Magic Write, users can start with a prompt and watch as the AI generates relevant and engaging content ideas in seconds.
Overall, the Magic Write feature is a game-changer for content creation, helping users speed up their creative process and generate high-quality written content quickly and efficiently.
FAQs related to Canva’s Magic Write
Below are some of the frequently asked questions related to Canva’s Magic Write feature.
Is Magic Write available for everyone?
Excluding students, Magic Write feature is available to all Canva users, including the free plan users.
What are the credit limits of Magic Write?
Canva free account users have a limit of 25 queries lifetime (it doesn’t reset every month). And Canva users with Pro, Teams, etc., can generate up to 250 queries in a billing month per user.
Can I use Magic Write in all the languages?
When Canva introduced Magic Write, it was initially available in 5 languages. And when this blog was published, it was available in 22+ languages.
Supported languages: Magic Write supports English, Thai, Italian, Polish, Korean, Arabic, Dutch, Tagalog, Chinese (3), Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Malay, Japanese, Turkish, Czech, Hebrew, Russian, Romanian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Indonesian text.
What are the prompt input & content output limits in Magic Write?
Magic Write has a 200-word prompt input limit and approximately 500-word output limit. So the output content might get cut off mid-sentence.
What are the limitations of Magic Write?
The Magic Write tool’s data is updated till the mid of 2021. So the output it generates may contain outdated information and may not give proper output for prompts related to recent events.
How do I get access to Magic Write?
You can click on the small circular plus icon in docs to select the Magic Write. In all other Canva design pages, you need to click the ‘Canva Assistant’ button at the bottom right screen and choose Magic Write from the list of options.
Can I use Magic Write to generate content related to all topics?
Magic Write has the ability to generate content on almost all topics except topics related to medicine, politics, self-harm & mental health.