Canva is a popular graphic design tool that allows users to create stunning visuals for various purposes, such as social media posts, presentations, infographics, and more.
One of the useful features of Canva is the ability to group multiple text boxes. This feature enables users to move, resize, and manipulate multiple text boxes as a single entity, saving time and effort when working on complex designs.
Here are some of the key features of grouping multiple text boxes in Canva:
- Easy organization: Users can keep their designs organized and structured by grouping multiple text boxes together. For example, if you have several text boxes containing headings, subheadings, and body text, grouping them can make it easier to move and align them in your design.
- Simpler editing: Grouping text boxes also makes it easier to edit them. Instead of editing each text box individually, you can edit the text in the group as a whole. This is particularly useful when you need to make changes to multiple text boxes at once.
- Flexible resizing: When you resize a group of text boxes in Canva, all the text boxes within the group will resize proportionally. This is especially useful when you want to change the size of a text block without resizing each text box individually.
- Enhanced mobility: You can also move a group of text boxes around your design canvas as a single entity. This is useful when you want to reposition a text block within your design without disturbing the rest of the layout.
- Grouping with other elements: Canva also allows users to group text boxes with other design elements such as images, shapes, and icons. This feature enables users to create more complex designs by combining multiple design elements into a single group.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on grouping text boxes in Canva:
1. Create a design in Canva with multiple text boxes, or open a design you have already created with multiple text groups to group. For this tutorial, we are using a DFY real estate Canva template.
2. First, you need to select all of them to group text boxes. To achieve this, click & hold the “Shift” button on your keyboard, and click each text box separately. Now you have selected the text boxes together.
You can also click the mouse and hover on the text boxes to select them at once, provided you don’t have any other elements adjacent to the text boxes, as this method will select all the elements when you click the mouse and hover on them. So choose a method that suits your purpose.
3. You see a small popup bar with a few options, including “Group” as of the options. Now, click the “Group” option to combine the text boxes. However, if you don’t see the “Group” option in the popup bar, you need to click on the three-dots option shown in the screenshot below.
4. You get a separate list of menu options when you click on the three-dots option. Look for the “Group” option in the popup menu and select it to group the text boxes.
5. This is how the grouped text boxes appear once you group them. If you wish to ungroup them, select the “Ungroup” option on the popup bar as shown in the screenshot below.
Note: Sometimes, you may not see the “Group” option within the popup bar that appears when you select multiple text boxes. In such cases, look for the group option in the top toolbar.
In summary, grouping multiple text boxes in Canva can significantly improve the design workflow, making it easier to organize, edit, resize, and move multiple text boxes as a single entity. It is a useful feature for beginners and experienced users who want to quickly and efficiently create more complex designs.