Canva is a versatile online graphic design tool that allows you to create stunning designs easily, including adding text to lines & shapes. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add text to a line or a shape in Canva:
1. To begin with, open your existing design with shapes or lines to which you want to add text or open a blank Canva design like the one we use for this tutorial. Now, go to “Lines & Shapes” under the “Elements” section of the side panel and click on the “See all” option.
2. Select and add a line to the design, as shown in the below screenshot.
3. Select the line and double-click on it to see an option to add text. You may have to increase the font size of the text to make it visible.
4. Type the text you want to be on the line element. Once you type the required text, you can hold & drag the edge(s) of the line to increase the length. You also have the flexibility to move the text across the length of the line, as shown below.
5. You can follow the above step to add text to any line elements like arrows, dotted lines, etc.
6. To add text to a shape in Canva, add any shape elements from the side panel and double-click within the shape element to start typing the required text.
7. The text within the shape adjusts to the width and height of the shape as we change it.
Follow these simple steps whenever you want to add text to a shape or line in Canva. Now let us see some of the frequently asked questions related to text and shapes in Canva.
How to click on the shape behind the text in Canva?
If the size of the shape behind the text is smaller than that of the text, you may not be able to click on the shape directly. To fix this, select the text box and send it behind the shape using the “Position” option from the toolbar. Once you send the text box behind the shape, you will be able to click on the shape.
How to move a shape behind the text in Canva?
Method 1: Select the shape and click on “Position” from the top toolbar. Now, select the “Backward” option within the options available under “Position” feature.
Method 2: Select the shape and right click on it to open the popup menu. Now, hover the mouse on the “Arrange” option in the menu and select “Send backward” to send the shape one layer back, or select “Send to back” to send the shape to the bottommost layer.
How to overlap a shape on text in Canva?
You simply need to move the shape on top of the text to overlap it. If the layer of the shape is behind that of the text, you may have to bring it to the front by using the “Position” feature from the top toolbar.
How to put text behind shape in Canva?
Select the text box & right click on it to open the popup menu. Now, hover the mouse on the “Arrange” option in the menu and select “Send backward” to send the text one layer back, or select “Send to back” to send the text to the bottom most layer.
How to shape text in Canva?
Select the text box, and click on the “Effects” feature from the top toolbar. You see a side panel with an option called “Shape“. You may have to scroll down the side panel a bit to see this option. Select the “Curve” feature and adjust the curve percentage using the adjustment bar below it.
In conclusion, adding text to a line or a shape in Canva is a straightforward process that can elevate the design of your graphics. With Canva’s user-friendly interface, anyone can create stunning designs with just a few clicks.