The QR code feature in Canva allows you to easily create and customize QR codes within your designs. QR codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can be scanned by a smartphone or other device to quickly access information such as a website URL, contact information, or a social media page.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to create and use the QR code feature in Canva:
In this guide, we will be showing you how to add a QR code to your business card.
1. Open a blank design to start from scratch or choose a business card template in which you wish to add the QR code.
2. Visit the “Apps” section on the left-side editor panel. And search for “QR Code” from the search bar. You see an app name titled “QR Code” as shown in the below screenshot. Click on the app to start creating your QR code.
3. Now you need to enter the destination URL where you would like your customers to land upon scanning the QR code. You will be displayed a preview of the QR code as shown below.
4. You can also customize the design of the QR code by clicking on the “Customise” option. Here you can change the background color, foreground color, border margins of the QR code.
5. Here we have selected the background color of the business card to make the QR code image match with the design. You can click on the “Generate QR code” button to generate the QR code image.
The QR code image will be added to your design. And it will also be added to your “Uploads” folder for feature use.
6. Adjust the position of the code & add a line of text (if required) as shown in the below screenshot.
7. You can also add the QR code image on the back side of the business card if required.
FAQs Related to Creating & using QR Codes in Canva
Below are some of the common questions asked related to QR codes in Canva.
How to add a QR code to a Canva flyer?
You can follow the same steps we have followed above to add a QR code to a flyer in Canva. Just that you need to choose your flyer design, instead of the business card design that we have selected for the purpose of this tutorial.
Is QR code in Canva dynamic?
The inbuilt QR code app from Canva doesn’t create dynamic QR codes. If you want to create dynamic QR codes use apps from third party like Beaconstac QR, QR Code Generator by QRTIGER, etc.
Does Canva QR codes expire?
No, the QR codes generated in Canva doesn’t expire.
Are Canva QR codes unlimited?
Yes, you can create as many QR codes as you need using the Canva QR code generator app.
Do you have to pay for Canva QR codes?
No. Canva QR code feature is available for Canva free users as well.
How do Canva QR codes work?
They work similar to any other QR codes. Canva creates the QR code by using the URL that you input. And then you can use this QR code as part of your business card, flyer, brochure, etc.
How do I download a QR code from Canva?
Once you generate the QR code by following the above steps, you can either download the QR code directly as an image to use for other purpose, or use it as part of the design and download the design, which include the QR code.
How to use a dynamic QR code in Canva?
Note that these apps are available within Canva, and appears to your when you search for “QR code generator” in the “Apps” section. So you just have to connect your Beaconstac QR or QRTIGER account just once and use it to generate a dynamic QR code without visiting their official website every time.
Can you change the color of a QR code in Canva?
Yes, it is possible to change the color of a QR code in Canva. While creating the QR code, you have an option called “Customize”, under which you can choose the background color, foreground color and margin for the QR code.
The QR code feature in Canva is a useful tool for creating and customizing QR codes within your designs. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can easily create a customized QR code that can be used to quickly and easily access information.
Whether you’re promoting a website, sharing contact information, or directing customers to a social media page, the QR code feature in Canva can help you do it with style.