Canva is a popular graphic design platform that enables users to create various designs, including posters, flyers, and social media graphics.
One of the essential features of Canva is its ability to add page borders to designs, which can enhance the overall visual appeal of your project.
Adding page borders in Canva is a straightforward process, and in this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps.
Method 1: Using actual borders available in Canva
1. To add a border to a page in Canva, start by opening a blank page or any of your existing design pages to which you wish to add a border. We are opening a new page of Instagram Post dimensions for this tutorial.
2. Once the new design page is opened, click the “Elements” option on the left side panel and search for “Border” in the search bar. Now filter the results by selecting the “Graphics” option to see only the borders. Now explore all the different borders available & choose the one that suits your requirement.
3. Here, we have searched with a different keyword “square border” to find borders in square shape as the design page is in the square. Click on your choice of border to add it to your design page.
4. Now resize the border element to make it the page border. And change the color of the border from the color picker icon available in the top toolbar.
Pro Tip: If you wish to reduce the thickness of the border, duplicate the border, reduce the size a bit, align it to the center, and change the color to white. This gives the main border element a thin look, as shown in the screenshot below.
Method 2: Using Shapes as borders in Canva
1. Go to “Elements” from the left side panel and choose a “Square” element available under the “Lines & Shapes” subcategory.
2. Select the square element added to the design page and click on the “Border Style” feature in the top toolbar. From the available border style options, choose continuous line as the border style.
3. As a next step, choose the color option from the top toolbar and select “No color” as the color of the square element. This gives a transparent look to the square element, which now appears as a hollow square or a square border.
4. Resize the square element as required to use it as a page border.
5. Using the border style feature available in the top toolbar, you can increase or decrease the border weight to change the border’s thickness.
6. You also have the option to change the border color by using the color feature available in the toolbar.
In conclusion, adding page borders in Canva can help to make your designs look more professional and visually appealing.
With Canva’s user-friendly interface and straightforward tools, you can easily add borders to your project in a matter of minutes.
By following the simple steps outlined in this tutorial, you can elevate the overall look and feel of your designs and make them stand out from the crowd.