Canva offers a range of features that allow you to add music to your designs, making it possible to create multimedia designs that engage viewers in new and exciting ways. Here are some ways you can use music in Canva designs:
- Adding background music: You can add background music to your designs by uploading an audio file to Canva or selecting a track from Canva’s music library. Background music can help set the tone for your design, adding emotional depth and interest.
- Creating video designs: Canva’s video editing features allow you to create designs that include both visual and audio elements. You can add music to your video designs, creating a compelling multimedia experience for viewers.
- Designing ad templates: Canva’s design tools make it easy to create ad templates that feature your music. You can add your own images and text, as well as music-themed elements, to create a professional and scroll-stopping ad creatives.
Now let’s see the step-by-step guide on adding music to your Canva slides.
1. Open a blank design or an existing design to which you wish to add music. Click on the “Audio” option on the left side editor panel. If you are unable to see the Audio option, click on the “Apps” option and search for “Audio” to add it to the side panel.
2. You see all the audio (music) tracks based on the genre like Happy, Pop, etc. Browse and select the one that matches to your requirement.
3. Once you choose the music, you will see the audio track on the top of your canvas along with the options to pause, play and volume options as shown in the below screenshot. The “Duration” that appears at the top right of your screen is the length of your design, and not the audio track length.
4. By default the initial track of the audio will be applied to your design. However, you can select any particular part of the music just by hovering the mouse anywhere on the track as shown in the below screenshot. You can see a light gray color rectangle moving along with your mouse when you hover on the track.
5. If you wish to adjust the length of the audio that is applied to your design, you need to select the design first, then click on the timing icon on the top of your canvas, and adjust the duration. This will increase/decrease the length of the audio that is applied to your design.
Once you complete the above steps, you have an option to download your design in MP4 format that includes your music.
How to add music to Canva videos?
Follow below steps to add music to your videos in Canva.
1. Click on the “Audio” option on the left side editor panel. And choose the audio of your choice from the list of audio tracks. The selected audio track appears below the video pages at the bottom as shown in the below screenshot.
2. To make adjustments to the track, right click on it and a menu will open with “Adjust” as one of the options.
3. Once you select “Adjust” option, you can drag the audio track to left or right & select a particular portion of the music track that you need for the video.
Once you are done with selecting the music track, you can export the video as MP4 to download the video with the background music that you have selected.
When using music in Canva designs, it’s important to ensure that you have the necessary permissions to use the music you’ve chosen.
If you’re using music from Canva’s library, you can rest assured that the music is licensed for commercial use. If you’re using your own music, be sure to obtain the necessary permissions and licenses before including it in your design.
FAQs related to adding audio/music in Canva
Below we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions related to adding music to Canva designs.
How to add music to one slide in Canva?
In the above guide, we have added the music to just one slide. So you can follow the same steps if you are looking to add music to just one slide in Canva.
How to add your own music to Canva video?
Canva has an option to add your own music to the designs and videos you create in Canva. To add your own music, click on “Uploads” option from the left side editor panel and again click on “Upload files” button to select the audio file from your computer.
The audio files you have uploaded will appear under the “Audio” section of the uploads folder. Once the audio file is uploaded, you can click on it to apply your own music to the Canva video or design.
How to add music to Canva slideshow or a presentation?
In the above guide we have explained how you can add music to a single slide in Canva. If you are looking to add music to a slideshow or a presentation, you can follow the same steps for all the slides that are there in your design and you will be able to apply music to the entire slideshow.
How to add music in Canva from YouTube?
Adding music to Canva from YouTube is simple. Select the “Audio” option from the left side editor panel, and scroll the tracks list till the end. You see a section called “YouTube” as shown in the below screenshot. From here you can choose your preferred music from YouTube to use in your Canva design or video.
Please note that at the time of publishing this guide, YouTube audio/music tracks are available only for Canva Pro users. If you are a Canva free user, then you have to manually download the audio tracks from YouTube Audio Library and upload them in Canva as explained in one of the FAQs.
In conclusion, Canva offers a range of features that allow you to use music in your designs. By adding background music, creating video designs, designing album covers, and creating event posters, you can engage viewers and create a multimedia experience that’s both compelling and memorable.